Monday, June 1, 2009

Linquenda

I have been hearing all about Linquenda ever since I met Thomas.  His family has been wandering around the inland waterways of France with her for about 13 years.  She has alot going for her, but she'll never win any races.  I think her whole goal in life is to slow you down.   She isn't a pack rat either.  You have only what you need aboard, no more and no less.  (although she is hiding some rather dusty old nonsense in places where you don't look too often.  Thats Bill's influence I guess. heehee)
She only has so much space, so as there are four new guests coming aboard today, Thomas and I are off to adventure without her.  She is so reassuring and comforting that it is hard to drag yourself away.  
Thomas and I will find ourselves in Toulouse later today.  We will stay there for about four days, then find our way to Donostia, Spain.  Then...  back to Linquenda before heading North to Paris, then home.
Our first week... sleepily floating down the Rhone reading, stepping outside into the wind to join Jonathan or Thomas at the helm, Gigantic Locks on the Rhone, happy hours brought to you by cheese and wine, amazing meals prepared by Dianna, wandering through ancient cities...  Fighting with the internet with is touchy at best, figuring out French patterns of living (they do everything at the same time.  Don't look for anything on Sunday or Monday.  ITS CLOSED)
Absynthe and Bollywood, clouds, torrents of rain, shopping sprees, people watching, bridges only halfway done, among other things....
Thanks Linquenda.  

2 comments:

  1. SO the point of a blog is to actually WRITE stuff down in case you are confused about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's not really a blog unless you write in it on a somewhat consistent basis.

    Geeeez.

    ReplyDelete